If you are a seasoned accounting specialist who is enterprising, high-achiever, and future-oriented, then we have an amazing opportunity for you! A leading distributor in the healthcare sector, also part of a Group of companies with more than a century of experience, is seeking to recruit a Finance Manager to lead their Finance team.
What is expected of you?
• Take charge of the finance team, providing visionary leadership and guidance
• Support and evaluate the performance of each team member during periodic reviews
• Conduct a comprehensive monthly analysis of trial balances across all companies
• Oversee and approve monthly bank reconciliations, fixed assets registers, and intercompany reconciliations
• Prepare monthly management accounts, including detailed notes and analysis of significant variances in budgets and previous years.
• Play a crucial role in the end-of-year closure process, conducting a preliminary balance sheet audit, and actively assisting during the audit procedure
• Ensure timely and accurate submission of periodical VAT returns and other statutory returns, adhering to set deadlines
• Assist in the submission of local and EU-funded applications and meticulously manage the claim of funds thereafter
• Set up new internal controls and policies while upholding company-wide policies, with a specific focus on debtors’ ageing, stock takes, and cash reconciliation
• Innovate and draft policy documents related to debtors ageing, stock takes, and other critical aspects, discussing with the CFO for approval
• Contribute significantly to the preparation of annual budgets, defining key performance indicators (KPIs) for division managers and closely monitoring material variances in budgets
• Take an active role in managing the Power BI tool, identifying areas for improvement, and recommending enhancements
• Collaborate on the formulation of group-wide cash flow budgets and provide regular updates with actual financial data
• Monitor expiry reports from costings, developing and implementing efficient procedures to minimize expiries
• Regularly update and refine standard operating procedures (SOPs) to streamline finance operations
• Assist in various bank-related matters and support with ad-hoc financial and other assignments
What are you expected to bring?
What's in it for you?
If you think you fit the bill and are eager for a new challenge, do not miss this opportunity and let Ceek help you! Interviews for this Finance Manager role have already started!